Operations and Finance Intern
PeaceTech Lab works for individuals and communities affected by conflict, using technology, media, and data to accelerate local peacebuilding efforts.
PeaceTech Lab is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization affiliated with the U.S. Institute of Peace (USIP) in Washington, DC. PeaceTech Lab works with activists and partner organizations to accelerate and scale peacebuilding efforts through the use of technology, media, and data. From helping activists in India develop apps to combat gender violence, to organizing a radio drama program in South Sudan that counters hate speech, and using data analytics to assess COVID-19-related violence, PeaceTech Lab strives to reduce violent conflict and build peaceful communities in the U.S. and around the world.
Operations and Finance Internship
The Operations and Finance Intern will provide vital support to the business, operations, and financial functions of PeaceTech Lab.
Details: This internship will begin in June 2022 and will continue through August 2022 with the possibility of extension into the Fall contingent upon performance and organizational needs. This is a remote position requiring a commitment of approximately 15 hours per week. This position will be paid at $15/hr.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Operations and Finance Intern will:
- Work with the Operations & Finance Manager on various administrative support tasks.
- Track, document, and organize PeaceTech Lab financial information, invoices, and documents.
- Support the creation of SOPs, manuals, workflows, and policies for organizational use.
- Assist in the implementation of the Lab’s 3-year strategic plan and develop mechanisms to track and monitor the plan’s progress.
- Aid in the development of internal communications platforms and workflow mechanisms.
- Support the completion and filing of legal documents, tax forms, charitable registrations, and other formal documents.
- Brainstorm and initiate new ideas to help innovate and improve organizational processes.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student studying business, finance, accounting, nonprofit management, or operational management, or studying international affairs or conflict resolution with specific skills in business and operational management.
- Have an interest in nonprofit management.
- Have experience in financial management including tracking organizational spending, creating budget documents, and standard accounting procedures.
- Have experience in operational management such as running or supporting a nonprofit organization.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and various accounting software, database management systems, and business platforms.
- Have a passion for international affairs, social justice, or peacebuilding.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line First Name_Last Name_Operations and Finance Intern Application. The final deadline to submit an application is 11:59pm EST on Saturday, May 14 but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We will directly reach out to successful candidates.