Business Analyst - Extended Stay
Who are we looking for?
Choice Hotels, one of the world’s largest lodging franchisors, has an exciting new opportunity as our Business Analyst in the Extended Stay Strategy Division. This team is cross-functional with a dedicated focus on developing, leading, and executing strategies for Choice’s four extended stay brands—Everhome Suites, MainStay Suites, Suburban Studios and WoodSpring Suites. As a key member of our team, you will play a supporting role in the development and implementation of division and brand specific strategy and initiatives, execution of segment and brand specific strategies, training, and programs aimed at driving unit growth, same-store sales, franchisee profitability, and overall brand preference.
Are you results-oriented with a strong sense of urgency and the potential to grow into a thought leader with expanding responsibilities? We invite you to apply today for our Business Analyst, Extended Stay role today and #MakeItYourChoice.
- Develop Excel-based reporting and provide detailed, timely analytics to support brand priorities.
- Support, and in some cases, manage projects within a team structure through collaboration with multiple teammates and other departments.
- Develop and manage a multitude of reporting and analytical analyses to measure results and identify new trends and opportunities within the segment and for each brand in partnership with internal/external analytics partners.
- Develop and conduct performance analysis on all levels.
- Support other team members in implementing existing and new projects and programs.
Your Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in related field Marketing, Management, Finance, Analytics, Market Research, Business or Economics; or equivalent experience
- At least 1 year of translatable experience in market research, business operations, or related field
- Demonstrates key competencies to include nimble learning, self-development, and driving for results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word; as well as advanced Excel skills
- Ability to take complex sets of data and translate into business insight and demonstrated data analytics, measurement, data mining, and modeling skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to be flexible with changing schedules and priorities
- Prior experience with Tableau preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
This is an individual contributor role that will report to the Senior Director, Extended Stay Brands. You will have 6 peer teammates and collaborate with cross functional departments on a regular basis.
Your Work Location
As our Business Analyst, Extended Stay, you will be based in our beautiful, state-of-the-art worldwide corporate headquarters in Rockville, Maryland. Less than 15 miles from Washington, DC, we’re located directly across from the Rockville Metro station, with service on the Red Line and the MARC Brunswick line, easy access to I-270, and plenty of free parking provided by Choice Hotels.
Right now, our associates in Rockville, MD are working in a hybrid environment, between two-four days per week in the office and working virtually the remaining days. We provide flexibility and encourage ongoing communication with your leadership to establish expectations about your unique needs.
Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: CHH) is one of the largest lodging franchisors in the world. With more than 7,100 hotels, representing over 600,000 rooms, in nearly 40 countries and territories as of September 30, 2021, the Choice® family of hotel brands provide business and leisure travelers with a range of high-quality lodging options from limited service to full-service hotels in the upscale, midscale, extended-stay and economy segments. The award-winning Choice Privileges® loyalty program offers members benefits ranging from everyday rewards to exceptional experiences.
At our worldwide corporate headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, and technology center in Scottsdale, Arizona, and through our associates around the globe, we keep Choice hotels thriving by serving as a champion for our franchisees and providing cutting-edge technology.
About Choice Hotels Financial Performance
2021 fourth quarter and full-year domestic RevPAR beat guidance and 2019 levels; new record for net income, adjusted EBITDA and margin; 24% year-over-year increase in full-year domestic franchise agreements.