ELEVATE Cooperative Education Program Application
The ELEVATE program at the Busch School of Business offers a customizable approach to the traditional benefits of a cooperative education program. The program helps you find longer-term experiences with companies where you will develop professionally in the role, while also receiving additional career coaching and training prior to/during employment. Your involvement in ELEVATE will give you the ability to combine your classroom education, where you are learning about the value and dignity of work, with meaningful work experience, where you can apply what you learn in a business organization.
If accepted into the program, you will have the opportunity to interview with various companies based on your interests and desired work schedule. Job opportunities will range from 20 to 40 hours per week allowing you to choose the commitment that best balances work, school, and personal life. The Busch School is committed to helping students graduate within 4 years when you participate in ELEVATE, even if you elect to work full time during a semester and opt out of traditional academic coursework. If a full-time commitment is not the right path for you, you can elect to work part-time and maintain your regular course schedule while gaining valuable work experience.
Being a part of ELEVATE will alleviate the financial stress of being a college student. During this time your employer will provide you with regular paychecks, and in some cases travel stipends, and housing support.
Applications will be evaluated and accepted until close of business on Nov 1st. You will then receive an email invitation for an interview with a member of the Career Development Team if selected. After the interview, and if selected for the program, the training & matching process will begin. You will enter the program as an associate with the goal of being “promoted” to member status (which can be achieved by interviewing for and accepting a cooperative education experience).
You will work with your ELEVATE advisor to identify experiences that match your career goals and schedule. You will then apply for those roles and set up for interviews in late Fall, depending on interest. ELEVATE experience interviews may continue through the fall until an opportunity is finalized.
When you click 'Apply', you'll need to upload responses to the following questions in pdf format:
- Please explain your knowledge of the ELEVATE program (include structure of the program, the goals of the program, benefits of the program, etc.). If you would like to do more research, please visit our website (can be found from career development page on Busch School website), speak with a current member of ELEVATE, or email email@example.com.
- Please explain how ELEVATE will fit into your schedule. As a reminder, co-ops can be part time (must be over the course of 6+ months) or full-time (3ish months). Please consider sports, study abroad plans, etc. Be as detailed as possible (include class schedule, etc.). When would you like to participate in an ELEVATE experience (ie Part-Time from Fall 2022-Spring 2023 or Full time Spring 2023, etc.)?
- What are your top 3 goals you hope to have realized as a participant of the ELEVATE program?
- What are your top 3 career interests as they relate to the ELEVATE program? Are there any ELEVATE partners you are particularly interested in?
- How has your classroom education prepared you to participate in ELEVATE? (Group projects, individual presentations, etc.)
- Please describe your involvement on campus. What clubs/programs are you involved with? What is your role and what are your day-to-day responsibilities?
- Were you referred to the ELEVATE program by a professor or current ELEVATE member? If so, who?
Priority applications are due by 11:59 pm on Monday, October 31
Regular applications are due by 11:59 pm on Friday, November 4