Web Content Assistant
The Society for Neuroscience (SfN) is searching for a Web Content Assistant to write, edit and publish editorial content and visual content on SfN's website (SfN.org). The Assistant will help identify opportunities to share Society information and elevate audience engagement on SfN.org, as well as compile statistics related to the site. This role will work with multiple departments within the Society to ensure close collaboration with content contributors. This role is ideal for a candidate who is looking to take the next step in their career.
- Assist departments in improving new and existing web content and structure that enhances communications effectiveness.
- Assists with maintaining web pages for multiple departments on SfN website and collaborates with content contributors throughout the year, helping to ensure the Society's member benefits, programs and content align with organizational priorities and are surfaced at relevant times of year.
- Monitors an editorial calendar and produces content for SfN.org.
- Provides QA function to ensure content meets governance standards.
- Maintains and improves website on top viewed pages and compiles, analyzes and reports on website analytics to measure the impact of content and campaigns.
- Coordinates closely with the Technology Services (TS) department to maintain and improve functionality of the website.
- Leads monthly content collaborators meeting with supervision from manager. Elevates issues as needed.
- Works independently and within the team to ensure decisions are made to further SfN's goals and priorities in terms of messaging on the website.
- Analyzes regular website data using Google Analytics and other tools and provides strategic plan direction. Researches web-related tools, technologies, and strategies to enhance the Society's web presence.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication, or other relevant field required.
- 2 years of experience in planning, managing, and developing Web site content and Web projects, as well as writing and editing content for the Web.
- Working knowledge and thorough understanding of web-based technologies and proven judgment in distributing content.
- Familiarity with membership organizations a plus.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, DreamWeaver and Photoshop, and experience with web content management systems and graphic design.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and attention to detail.
- Proven expertise in editing and writing, as well as adhering to style guides and Web guidelines.
- Ability to coordinate tasks in a flexible manner to address changing needs.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and remain responsible and accountable for results.
- Ability to handle challenging interpersonal situations with tact and professionalism.
- Experience using Google Analytics and analyzing data is desirable.
If this is you and you are eager to make meaningful contributions to a highly relevant and important mission, please submit a cover letter with your salary requirements, a copy of your resume, and two writing samples for consideration. Applications without cover letters and writing samples will not be considered.
The Society for Neuroscience is wholly dedicated to recruiting, developing, and retaining a diverse group of talented people. We are committed to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected criteria, in accordance with applicable law and we welcome Veteran applicants.
Our generous benefits package includes: medical, dental, disability and life insurance; flexible spending accounts, two retirement plans with employer matching and nonmatching contributions; 12 days of paid vacation, 12 days of paid sick leave, with additional personal leave and 10 paid holidays; gym membership reimbursement; and tuition reimbursement.