Title: Policy Research Intern, working with author Raymond Baker
Location: 1100 17th St., NW, Suite 505, Washington, DC 20036
Internship Tenure: September through December 2018; start and end dates are flexible
Application Deadline: September 7, 2018
The unpaid Policy Research Intern will work with the author, his assistant, and other interns and assist in research on such topics as measures of democracy, the World Bank/IMF response to the shadow financial system, terrorism incidents, estimates of global corruption, and other topics as needed. This research will be cited in a forthcoming book.
• Assist the author by conducting research on topics relevant to the themes of his book.
• Perform literature reviews, research in scholarly databases, and other web-based research.
• Write thorough reviews of research findings.
• Must be a current student or recent graduate. Graduate students and upper-class students preferred.
• Must have coursework or commensurate experience in international affairs, international development, or other relevant emphasis.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong research, writing, organization, and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to commit 15-20 hours per week for the duration of the internship.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter by email to Jennifer Nordin at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please specify dates and times of availability, where you learned about the internship, and an acknowledgement that the internship is unpaid. Please put “RWB Policy Intern” in the subject line of your email.
No recruiters please. No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted.
1100 17th St., NW, Suite 505
Washington, DC 20036